Two weeks ago, Layla's bottom adult tooth sprouted out, but her baby tooth was still intact, and barely wiggly. I took her to the dentist, and he said to take her back in a week if it didn't come out on it's own. A week went by, and it was super wiggly, but not quite out. We gave it a few more days, since Adelyn was sick, and we had to hang around the house.
Then after dinner one night, I went to inspect it. I asked her if I could pull it out. She agreed. I tried using my fingers, pulled sharply...it felt pretty deep, and blood came out. Fail. Layla winced and shed a few tears, my brave girl...and seemed concerned when there was blood. We told her it would be okay, and if the dentist did it, there would be blood too. Then Len got some dental floss, tied it around the tooth, and pulled! Success!
Layla has been talking about other classmates loosing teeth since September. She wanted to lose her tooth at school, so that she could get a tooth necklace. Right now, it's Spring Break, so she was a little disappointed that she didn't get to put it into a tooth necklace. We promised we would track one down before giving it to the tooth fairy.
| Still attached to the dental floss |
| With her cleaned tooth |
| First tooth lost on March 23, 2014 |
No comments:
Post a Comment